Effects of Castration Part 4

VOICE - If a person is castrated prior to puberty, they will have a high pitch voice as seen in the choir boys in the last century or so. Therefore even after orchiectomy, the voice will not change. Transgender and transsexual somehow softer their voice to sound more feminine. 

MENTAL EFFECTS - I have not suffered any memory loss since my castration but overtime it will or might catch up with me as I grow older. At the moment I have taking supplement like fish oil daily in order to minimize this effects on me. Again this varies from person to person. 

FEELING CALM - I was feeling a lot calmer after my orchiectomy. Walking down the streets of Bangkok, even with heavy traffic and congestion, waiting for the train, my flight and etc., I feel a lot calmer and more patiently waiting. However in saying that, sometime I still feel and act the way I had been prior to orchiectomy due depending on the circumstances I am in but certainly felt better all the time. 

POST SURGERY DEPRESSION - Many people after their orchiectomy do experience a temporary depression shortly after. I am no different. After my surgery, when I see my dead testicles for the first time, I somehow feel sad but yet filled with joy as I knew I'd done and no longer have to live with it but the sadness came from the feeling of losing something which had been part of me for the past 31 years of my life. After a few days, normal life returns and I don't think about it anymore. People will have different feelings and will deal with it differently than me but so far as each new day begins, I felt better and better. 

HEALTH RISKS - Many people who choose not to have HRT after orchiectomy will eventually suffer from some sort of health associated risk such as osteoporosis. By taking supplements, do weight bearing exercise like walking or running, carrying groceries will somehow reduce the risk? Again if you are worry about this, you should consult with your healthcare provider and seek alternative treatment to counter this effects after your orchiectomy. The risk of hypogonadism is something for one to consider if the benefits outweigh the disadvantages. 

I do my medical annually due to health reasons and I often ask the doctor to do extra testing. I do not smoke or drink and I tend not to worry about the effects of castration apart from bone density loss. I might have to drink more milk, eat lot of food with good calcium and I think I should be fine. I'll know after I done further testing with my doctor. 

There are also some tradeoffs after orchiectomy. Once the testicles are removed, it is impossible to develop testicular cancer. Also it reduce risks from testosterone induced cancer such as prostate cancer. The younger the person is castrated, the lower the risk of getting prostate cancer. As for me, I had my orchiectomy done at age 31, so my odds of getting prostate cancer are now astronomical. 


In summary, to those of you who are thinking about orchiectomy and wish the effects such as impotence and feeling calm, not getting bald, so on so forth PLEASE PLEASE, I urge you to seriously think about it and consider whether or not you really want this for the rest of your life. Orchiectomy is a simple 30 mins to 1 hr. surgery, but is a permanent one and is something you can never change back unless you have a time machine. PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!. I do not take responsibility for you and after reading my blog, should you decide to proceed, that decision is solely yours to bear for the rest of your life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Methods of Castration

The Procedure

Effects of Castration