Effects of Castration Cont Part 2

MUSCLE STRENGTH - As I keep my exercise regime with daily walking and running, I only have slight decrease in muscle strength. In saying that lifting anything heavy definitely wears me out faster compared to pre surgery. But nothing major as yet to happen. Fingers crossed *laugh*

Prior to castration, all my friends sees me as a weak person and I never really admire how my other male peer can always show off in the gym and seemed to have more strength than I. Thus after surgery, I still have considerable amount of upper body strength. Bottom line is that muscle mass do decrease as levels of testosterone drop after orchiectomy unless the person start HRT immediately after surgery but it kind of defeats the purpose of having orchiectomy in the first place in my opinion. 

PHYSICAL APPEARENCE - I maintained my physical appearance after castration. I only notice a small change when I started taking estrogen. This is to give me a slight feminine appearance. Apart from that I did not notice any major physical change. Again this is different from person to person and also what sort of hormones you are taking.   

DECREASED ENERGY - In addition to losing physical strength, a decrease in metabolism and energy does happen and it varies from person to person. Because I am an active person, who do not sit quietly on my knees, my metabolism is still pretty good although I feels tired more often these days and longer recovery times. This can be seen when I go for my usual walk/run every evening. My appetite seems to have decrease as well because I'm more conscious about what I eat as I do not wish for unnecessary weight gained after my orchiectomy. 


Levels of energy is largely depending on what sort of activities a person is doing after their orchiectomy surgery. More physical demanding jobs of course will tires one out faster compared to office work which demands less energy. After orchiectomy, with the right diet and exercises is not necessary one will experienced a major decrease in energy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Methods of Castration

The Procedure

Effects of Castration